The Canadian Football League strike is over, as the CFL and the CFL Players’ Association have concluded a provisional agreement on the employment contract.
According to the league, the contract still needs to be ratified by the CFL’s Board of Governors and the CFL Players’ Association, however, players have started reporting for training camp.
“We will notify the league that we have approved a memorandum of understanding and have ended our strike,” the union said. said in a note. “We think the clubs will want to start training camp soon and the players should expect to hear from them.”
The collective agreement between the two parties had expired at midnight on May 14 and it took the two parties four days to reach an agreement. Players from seven of the nine CFL teams did not initially show up to camp, with players from the Edmonton Elks and Calgary Stampeders required to show up to camp given they were unable to strike legal under Alberta labor laws.
The 2022 CFL season pre-season is scheduled to start on Friday, May 27. It will take place two more weeks before the start of the regular season.
MORE: What day does the NFL season start?
When is the CFL pre-season?
The CFL preseason begins Friday, May 27 and will last two weeks. There will be four games in Week 1 and five games in Week 2, ending Friday, June 3.
Here is the CFL pre-season schedule.
Pre-season week 1
- Friday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET: Toronto to Ottawa
- Friday, May 27 at 8:30 p.m. ET: Edmonton to Winnipeg
- Saturday, May 28 at 4 p.m. ET: BC at Calgary
- Saturday, May 28 at 7 p.m. ET: Montreal at Hamilton
Pre-Season Week 2
- Tuesday, May 31 at 8:30 p.m. ET: Winnipeg to Saskatchewan
- Friday, June 3 at 7 p.m. ET: Ottawa to Montreal
- Friday, June 3 at 7:30 p.m. ET: Hamilton at Toronto
- Friday, June 3 at 9 p.m. ET: Calgary at Edmonton
- Friday, June 3 at 10 p.m. ET: Saskatchewan at BC
When does the CFL regular season start?
The 2022 CFL Regular Season begins with Week 1 beginning Thursday, June 9 with Montreal vs. Calgary as the season opener.
The season will last 21 weeks throughout spring, summer and fall. The playoffs are scheduled to begin on Sunday, Nov. 6 with the semifinals for both conferences and the finals for each conference on Sunday, Nov. 13.
The 109th Gray Cup will take place on Sunday, November 20.