Excitement for Chelsea fans as Dembele ‘signs pre-contract deal’ -Shoot

0

Unwanted Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele has already signed a pre-contact deal with an unnamed club, according to Barcelona president Joan Laporte.

As reported by Goalthe La Liga side are said to be furious that the Frenchman didn’t agree to a move away during the January transfer window as they are now in charge of him and his astronomical salary for another six months.

The winger was linked with a number of clubs in January, including Chelsea and Manchester United, but a move never materialized and he remained in Catalonia.

Dembele reportedly pushed for a departure last summer with no interest in staying at Barcelona but has apparently changed his mind despite his club wanting to get rid of him.

Now Laporte has spoken out about the player’s situation and he is clearly unhappy.

“We offered him the renewal, with a very good offer,” he told reporters.

Dembele’s time with Barcelona has been plagued by injuries

“Later it turned out that it was an economic issue, that he wanted more.

“We told him he wanted to renew but the issue stuck. The agent took a stand not to say anything and that has consequences. We did our best.

“We presented him with two proposals and they were good. We are very surprised that he did not accept. The last one came from an English club and he didn’t want to go there, he preferred to stay here for six months.

“We believe he has an agreement with another club. That’s what his agent insinuated to us.

Laporta’s comments will be of particular interest to Chelsea supporters, with the Blues having been heavily linked with Dembele in the closing hours window on Monday.

Tuchel worked with the 24-year-old during his time at Borussia Dortmund, and the German has previously spoken of his admiration for the player and his desire to work with him again one day.

Share.

Comments are closed.